Current projects include:
- Providing a leading software company with a market intelligence, potential and scope of data interpretation needs in the Personalized/Precision Medicine and Companion Diagnostic testing space.
- Working with a start-up company UniTaq Bio on a cheaper, novel HIV-1 genotyping format that will be useful in less developed countries.
- Business development activities for Advanced Cell Diagnostics, Hayward CA, to position their novel in situ hybridization technology for RNA detection (RNAScope) in the translational research and diagnostic arenas. The technique is well suited for analysis of tumor microenvironment, defining tumor subpopulations and rare cell detection in cancer and infectious diseases.
- Business development activities with Bio-Rad to define applications for digital droplet PCR in cancer diagnostics, transplant diagnostics and infectious diseases.
- Working on a course for high school curriculum that defines the complete “Product Commercialization Process” that companies go through to generate products that improve human health and safety.
- Writing two SBIR proposals in collaboration with researchers at universities in the areas of cancer and infectious diseases.
- Co-chair of the Situational Awareness Strategic Implementation Plan for the Department of Human Health Services.
- Interview for the AME Food Testing Show, February 2014. View the interview here.
- Working with Apton Biosystems Inc., Pleasanton CA, as their Consulting Chief Scientific Officer to build an integrated system with multi-analyte detection capabilities, high level of multiplexing and single molecule detection capabilities.