Biology for Global Good LLC was started as a Strategic Consulting Service that will work with biotechnology & pharmaceutical companies and non-profit organizations to enable the development, launch and implementation of policies and products that improve diagnostics, solutions enabling Public Health, Public Safety, Human Diagnostics & Therapeutics.
The company will provide domain expertise in the areas of:
- Human diagnostics using molecular methods, companion diagnostics for therapeutics under IVD directives, CE – Mark, and LDT development under CLIA.
- Animal diagnostics applications with companion and farm animals.
- Genetic testing for crime scene investigations, forensic applications.
- Industrial safety testing to ensure that products meet requirements for the industry, enable Process Analytical Testing applications.
- Environmental safety testing, continuous monitoring, bio-threat detection.
- Food pathogen testing to ensure the safety and quality of foods.
- Systems integration to enable easy to use formats.
- Healthcare preparedness, situational awareness, and biosurveillance.
The company will promote cutting edge molecular biology based technologies in these areas. The company has access to a very large base of experienced professionals in the molecular testing space in all of these domain areas.
- Regulatory Affairs Professional Society (2013)
- American Association for Advancement of Science (AAAS) (1998-present)
- American Institute for Food Technology (2004-present)
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences (2003-present)
- American Society for Microbiology (1988-present)
- American Association for Cancer Research (1992-present)
- Association for Molecular Pathology (1996-present)
- Infectious Disease Society of America (1996-present)
- American Society of Human Genetics (2005-present)
- European Society of Human Genetics (2010-present)
- AOAC Association of Analytical Chemists (2008-present)
- RNA Society (1992-1998)
- Parenteral Drug Association (2006-present)
- Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP) (2006-present)
- Clinical & Laboratory Standards Institute: Committee for Bacterial 16S Sequencing Guidelines (2008); NGS Guidelines (ongoing) and Committee for Molecular Testing Guidelines (2012)
- ATCC committee on Biothreat Pathogens and Cell Line Authentication (2010-2011)
- Scientific Advisory Board of the Worldwide Innovative Network (WIN) for Cancer consortium (2009-2012)
- Member National Biodefense Science Board at DHHS (2011-present)